I am pleased to report I am having a much more chilled out week than last week! I've just taken it fairly easy and tried not to get so stressed - so no more steam coming out the eyeballs. I'm sad cause I couldn't get beyonce tickets, but happy because I've got to spend a lot of time with my boy this week, who has been a sweetie pie and set me up in bed with a cup of tea because he knows I'm blogging. Today I plan on doing nothing more stressful than getting up, doing my skincare routine, coming back to bed and blogging and catching up all day. Sundays are for lazing around aren't they?
PS: Oscars tonight! I'm gonna be all over the makeup and dresses!
2. Do not eat my feelings. I eat when I'm stressed/bored/frustrated. I'm going to try and just eat my limit and not reach for the fridge when i'm stressed. Despite the fact this has been a fairly unhealthy eating week I haven't actually eaten my feelings.I've just made bad food choices when I was really hungry.
3. Look after my nails - remember to put on nail strengthener every day and buy a new one. Erm...5/7 for remembering to paint my nails but a no go on the buying a new nail strengthener. I've been after other things.
4. Ace my presentations. I have 2 weighted presentations this week (one where I get to say rude things a lot) and I want to do really well in them. Now this I feel like i did quite well, got through both of them fine, was able to answer all questions and facilitate discussion and all the jazz they like. My second one was definitely better but I did have a time limit on the first one which resulted in me rushing a little!
5. Make 2 new recipes. I've loved cooking more this semester, and it's encouraging me to eat healthier. So I'd like to try a new curry and possibly something with fish. I did make 2 new recipes this week - Thai Coconut and Chicken Curry and Double Chocolate Cheesecake, the second of which you may have seen on my twitter picture yesterday. I'm getting really into cooking thai food so I think some form of Thai curry may very well be on the menu again this week.
1. Clean eating week. Like I mentioned, I've been making bad food choices a lot this week (hello chocolate cheesecake) and it really needs to stop. So I'm making a healthy shopping list and cutting out junk food for a week. No chocolate, no crisps, no crap. It's not doing my body any good and I know I'll feel tons better at the end of the week for trying.
2. Rehab fitness regime. As I'm mentioned about 20 million times because it is driving me crazy I've been out injured for over 2 weeks. I gave myself a pretty nasty hip flexor injury, and if you know anything about fitness you'll know your hip flexor is a muscle that take a long time to heal and is a pretty bad place to do anything to. So I've been going crazy and feeling a little tubby to say the least. After over 2 weeks on rest I'm hoping to ease myself back into the gym/running and start working on my fitness levels again without aggravating my injury. It hasn't been sore in a good 4 days which is a good sign for rehab so fingers crossed.
3. Austerity Week. Money has been burnt this week, and whilst I'll have a really nice haul for you guys (and in my defence I did actually need about half the items) I have spent a lot of money. So the new week is going to see me sticking to the essentials and not overspending on anything or buying anything I don't need. I need to try and use up stuff, whether it be food or products before I go buying anything else. I'm going to try and organise some nights seeing the girls and boy where we just cook dinner in instead of going out etc.
4. Drink more tea. I want to get back into drinking green and peppermint tea because it's good for you and it really helps my IBS. Plus it will add to my water count in the week.
5. Write an essay and keep on top of Uni work. I have a big essay that needs written as well as a lot of tutorial work due in in the next week so as soon as I'm back I need to be on the ball and spend lots of time in the library!
It is my mission to recreate this look in the next few weeks. I absolutely love it! Also, when I met Sara Hill she told me a pop of greeny/blue would be great on me for summer. Score! Now just to find a good greeny/blue eyeliner...
Loving all the ladies I met at the NEBE event with Sara Hill. It was a great evening and I can't wait to try out all the tips I've learnt. Laura deserves a medal for all the work she has put in to making things work and organising so many great events.
Finally Snow Patrol have had top place in my music heart this week because they're son are just so damn evocative they make me want to cry.
What are your goals for this week? Feel free to share any hints and tips you have.